LED light colors are closely related to our mood. Choosing the right light color to illuminate your area is important, whether it is residential lighting or commercial lighting. Understanding LED light color meaning always helps. When describing the LED light colors, we generally distinguish them into three main categories.
|Single Color / Static Color||Always the same light color||White, Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Pink, Purple, Ice Blue|
|Multi Color / Color Changing||You can change the LED light colors, but only one light color can appear at a time||RGB, RGBW, RGBCCT|
|Dream Color / Full Color / Color Chasing||Various light colors can appear at the same time||Addressable white, addressable RGB, addressable RGBW, addressable RGBCCT|
White LED Light Colors
We use Kelvin scale to express white light, it contains the white light color from 1000K to 10000K color temperature. Among them, 2700K~3000K warm white, 4000K~4500K neutral white, 6000K~6500K daylight, and 7000K cool white are the commonly used white light colors.
- Warm White Light Color: White color with yellow tones, warm and mellow, the best white light color for resting and relaxing areas.
- Neutral White Light Color: Balance between warm white and cool white colors.
- Daylight Light Color: The brightest white light that draws attention, is often used in commercial lighting.
- Cool white Light Color: White LED light with blue tones, too bright, more suitable for industrial lighting and showcase lighting.
White LED light strips allow for the presence of different color temperatures. With a combination of warm white light and cool white light, you can adjust the LED color temperature according to your activity to make it match your mood. You can enjoy the warm and comfortable environment brought to you by warm white light. And if you want a bright environment to work or read, you can adjust the white color to daylight.
In general, white light is the preferred choice for task lighting in kitchens, bathrooms, living rooms, bedrooms, etc. In parties or game rooms, using static colored lights or dynamic LED color changing lights is more reflective to create a moody atmosphere.
- RGB Light Color: produce 16 million colors by mixing red, green, and blue color channels.
- RGBW Light Color: RGB color + white color.
• RGBW VS RGB: The biggest difference between RGB color and RGBW light color is that the white light of the RGBW LED strip is purer than the white color of RGB color changing LED strip lighting which is mixed by red, green, and blue colors. The white color of the RGB strip is bluish, and the white light of the RGBW led strip is whiter.
- RGBCCT Light Color: also known as RGBWW, RGBWWA, RGBCW, or RGB+CCT. It’s a combination of RGB lights and CCT white lights, which has two white light color temperatures, soft white light and cool white light.
Color changing LED strip lights can display various static light colors (red, green, blue, yellow, purple, pink, etc.) and dynamic color modes (color jump, color gradient, etc.).
LED Dream Color
You can think of addressable light strips as an upgraded version of color-changing led light strips. The difference between them is that the addressable led light strip can individually control the interval controlled by each IC and these ICs can change the brightness and color of the LED lights in their control area.
The IC is sometimes exposed on the circuit board and is called an external IC. The built-in IC is hidden in the LED lamp beads, which is difficult to see with the naked eyes.
You can use addressable led strips to produce almost unlimited light effects.
Why Are My LED Strip Lights Not The Same Color?
Led light strips have a special physical and chemical structure, the color change depends on the size of the current. When it is a small current, it is red, and when the current gradually increases, the color changes to orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, and other light colors.
If the power supply of the led light strip is insufficient, the current will become smaller, and the color will be different from the previous one.
Want to understand the reasons why your led strip lights are different in color, check the following factors to see if your led strip lights have the same problem.
|1. Led strip light color or brightness attenuation|
Caused by a LED voltage drop or current drop, the led light strip is too long and the power supply is insufficient. Provide power at the beginning and end of the led strip to solve this problem.
|2. The color of the led strip changes over time|
The led strip itself has light attenuation and the LED brightness is reduced. The external force causes the led light strip to accelerate the aging and turn yellow, the specific reason we have explained in detail in this blog.
|3. The color temperature of the led light strip is not bought in the same batch|
The led color temperature will change to a certain extent after your led strip is used, and this change becomes more and more obvious with the increase of time.
You bought a 6000K pure white led light strip. Three months later, you want to buy another one and install it with the old one. At this time, you find that their white light color temperatures are different. You think it’s a product problem, but you don’t know that this is because the time of use has quietly changed your white light strip. So try to buy enough led strips for your use at the same time.