DC5V-24V DMX512 Constant Voltage Decoder BC-803
The decoder is designed via advanced microchip technology to convert the universal standard DMX512/1990 signal into most advanced PWM (pulse-width-modulation) digital driving signal, it allows the user to choose 1~3 output channel, 256-level brightness control, max 512 output channels. This compact decoder connects to the light console, analog device and various Led terminal products such as RGB Led lamps, RGB Led tubes, building lamps, LED wall washers or lighting and other compatible devices allowing its user to create endless possibilities of light shows.
1. Input standard DMX512 protocol，Address can be set by the DIP.
2. Automatically adapt input voltage DC5V-24V.
3. 3 output channels, 256 scales each, RGB driving control.
4. 10 self-changing modes, 8-speed levels.
5. Max output 5A*3CH.
6. Power loss memory function.
Two different versions
3 DMX ADD Version:
The 1st address controls LEDs on CH1,0-255 steps of brightness.
The 2nd address controls LEDs on CH2,0-255 steps of brightness.
The 3rd address controls LEDs on CH3,0-255 steps of brightness.
4 DMX ADD Version:
The 1st address controls LEDs on CH1, 0-255 steps of brightness.
The 2nd address controls LEDs on CH2, 0-255 steps of brightness.
The 3rd address controls LEDs on CH3, 0-255 steps of brightness.
0-127 of the 4th address controls the brightness, 128-255 for strobing
Standards and Certifications
Input voltage: DC5V-24V
Max load current: 5A/CH×3
Output Scale level: 256 levels
Input signal: DMX512/1990
Output signal: 3 constant voltage PWM
Output DMX Channel: 3Chs or 4Chs (4th CH is shutter strobe)
DMX512 socket: Standard XLR-3R,RJ45 port
Package Size: L140×W77×H47(mm)
Weight (G.W): 320g
NOTE: According to DMX512 protocol, in order to ensure a steady data transmission, you should add a metalster(Metal Thin Film resistor，90-120Ω 1/4 W )at the end of each layout of DMX data cable(between Foot 2 and Foot 3, Data + and Data -), please also refer to your DMX console manual to select a correct resistor.
1) Decoder address setting
This decoder occupies 3 addresses, adopted Dip switch to set the address, the Dip switches from 1 to 9 are a kind of binary value coding switches used to set DMX512 initial address code, the correlative bits is the 1-9 bits of the DIP switch, the 1st bit is LSC, the 9th bit MSC , 512 addresses totally.
DMX512 initial address code is equal to the total amount of the Dip switches’ number from 1 to 9, press Dip switch downward (ON: at position “1”), user can get the number of its position, if pressing upward (at position “0”), the number of its position is 0. Accept DMX512 signal only when the DIP switch FUN＝OFF (at position “0”)
1.Power Source Selection
Power source must be DC constant voltage type of power supply. Due to the efficient output in some power supplies are only 80% of total, so please select at least 20% higher output power supply than the consumption of LED lights.
Please don’t install this controller in lightening, intense magnetic and high-voltage fields.
1.To reduce the risk of component damage and fire caused by short circuit, make sure correct connection.
2.Always be sure to mount this unit in an area that will allow proper ventilation to ensure a fitting temperature.
3.Check if the voltage and power adapter suit the controller
(please select DC12-24V power supply with constant voltage)
4.Don’t connect cables with power on; make sure a correct connection and no short circuit checked with instrument before power on.
5.Please don’t open controller cover and operate if problems occur.
The manual is only suitable for this model; any update is subject to change without prior notice.
Here you can learn anything about led strip lights, find the part you are intrested in to learn more knowledge. There are knowledge parts of led strip lights, power supply, controller, accessories, and how to connect led strip lights, etc. You can also watch our thousands of demo video .
Led strip lights
►Everything you need to know before you buying led strip lights
1. Where do I want to place the LED strip lights? Indoor or outdoor?
• What are waterproof led strip lights?
• How to cut and connect waterproof led strip lights?
2. How much LED brightness do I need?
3. The working voltage is available?
• 5V VS 12V VS 24V led strips
• AC VS DC
4. How long is the LED strip light suitable for my project?
5. Do I need an LED light controller to adjust the LED color and brightness?
6. How to power the LED strip lights?
1. How do led strip lights work?
2. How long can you run an LED strip?
3. How long do LED strip lights last?
1. Do LED strip lights use a lot of electricity?
2. Why are LED lights energy efficient?
3. Are LED Strip Lights sustainable?
4. What are the pron and cons of led strip lights?
5. Precautions for led strip lights
1. Do LED strip lights overheat?
2. How do you stop LED strips from overheating?
3. Can LED strips catch fire?
4. Is it safe to sleep with LED strip lights on?
1. What are flexible led strip lights?
2. What are rigid led strip lights?
3. What happens if you bend LED strip lights?
4. What is the difference between flexible led strips and rigid led strips?
1. Can you cut led light strips?
2. What happens if you cut an led strip?
3. How to cut led strip lights?
4. How to connect RGB color changing led strip lights with a connector?
5. How to know what your led strip light is?
Which is the brightest SMD LED?
What does SMD 5050 mean?
How many lumens is a 5050 SMD LED?
How to know what type of LED strip?
What is the difference between 2835 and 5050 LED?
►COB led strip light
1. What is COB?
2. What is the COB production process?
3. Different types of COB strip lights
4. What is the difference between COB and SMD led strip lights?
5. What is the difference between COB and LED?
6. Are COB led strips better?
8. How to install COB led strip lights?
9. Can COB light strips use aluminum channels?
10. Why choose superlightingled?
►Led neon lights
1. What is led neon light?
2. What are neon led lights used for?
3. Are led neon lights good?
4. How to choose led neon rope lights?
5. Are led neon ropes use DC or AC?
6. Can you change the light-emitting angle or the luminous way of neon led strip?
1. How to cut led neon lights
2. Can led neon lights be connected?
3. Easy 7 steps to make led neon lights
4. How to install led neon rope?
►Addressable led strip
What is an addressable LED strip?
Can you cut addressable LED strips?
How to judge if an LED strip is individually addressable?
How to choose the right IC for your project?
Which IC is most commonly used?
How do I know my IC type?
How do I know if my IC is good or bad?
How many types of IC are there?
►Color, color temperature, and CRI
1. What is color temperature?
2. What color temperature is right for me?
• 2700K VS 3000K
• How obvious is the difference between 2700K and 3000K?
• Warm White 3000K VS Natural White 4000K VS Daylight White 6000K
• Warm White VS Cool White
3. Enjoy 2700K, 4000K, 6000K
4. Further Reading: How to install Warm White LED light strip?
1. How many colors are in LED strip lights?
2. What do LED light colors mean?
3. Why do white LED light turns to yellow?
4. Why are your led strip lights not the same color?
5. What is the most relaxing color for LED lights?
6. What color led lights is best for sleeping?
7. Are led lights bad for your eyes?
8. Is cool white or warm white better for eyes?
1. What is the best color temperature?
2. Does color temperature keep the same as time goes by?
3. What color temperature is best for night?
4. Led strip lights about color temperature,CCT VS RGBW VS RGBCCT;
1. What is CRI in led lights?
2. How to choose the right CRI when buying led strip lights?
3. What is the relationship between CRI and brightness?
4. Is higher CRI better? High CRI VS Low CRI;
5. How to find CRI value?
Led strip light connection
1. How to connect led strip lights together?
2. How to connect LED light strips without connectors?
3. How to solder wires to LED strips?
4. How to connect LED strips without soldering?
5. Which one is better between soldering and using a connector?
6. How to connect mutiple led strip lights?
7. How many LED strip lights can you connect?
1. Ensuring the working voltage and power first
2. How to hardwire led strip lights?
3. Can I connect multiple LED strips to the same LED power supply?
How to wire led strip lights?
Controller for led strip lights
1. WIFI controller
2. RF controller
3. IR controller
4. Bluetooth controller
5. Remote control and panel control
6. Single color controller and multi-color controller
7. DMX512 controller
8. SPI controller
9. DALI controller
10. 0/1-10V dimmer
11. Triac series
12. Sonsor series
Led power supply
4 steps to calculate the power you need
1. Alternating current power supply VS Direct current power supply
2. Constant current power supply VS Constant voltage power supply
3. How to choose the best led power supply for your led strip light?
Led strip light installlation
1. Adhesive installation for IP20 and IP65 led strip lights
2. How to choose the right led tape?
3. Can IP20 and IP65 led strip lights use aluminum profiles?
4. How to use aluminum profiles?
5. Mounted clip installation for IP67 and IP68 light strips
How to install led strip lights on TV?
How to install led strip lights outdoor?
1. Are all LED light strip connectors the same?
2. How do LED strip lights connectors work?
3. What connectors do you need for LED strip lights?
4. What are the different kinds of LED connectors?
5. How to choose the right connector for your led strip lights?
1. What are aluminium profiles used for?
2. Why choose aluminum profiles?
3. Different types of LED aluminum profiles
4. LED aluminum profile VS COB LED strips